Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Get Away



We had a great time on our cruise. We stayed the first night
at a really nice hotel in Florida. The next morning we went
through the big process to get on the boat. That was pretty
much a hassle. Between all the Homeland Security and ship
security I thought it was going to be an all day event.
We toured the ship and it was huge. By the time we left I
still didn't know what was on each floor. The ship left a
4:00 and by 7:00 I was sea sick. Luckily I called the doctor
and had her prescribe me the patch just in case. It worked
like a charm.
We weren't to impressed with the food. We thought it was
supposed to be this amazing feast. So I ordered Grill Cheese
for room service every night.
We went to a few shows, but spent most of our time by the pool.
They give you what they call a "Sail and sign card" so you just
charge all of your drinks and souvenirs. By the time we left
we'll just say that it was pretty heavy and it wasn't from
souvenirs.
When we got to Grand Cayman we rented Wave Runners and went
for a ride. It was so much fun. We rode to Stingray City and
played with the wild Stingrays. They would just creep right
up to you. I was a little scared because you could see their
stinger. Then we snorkeled the Grand Coral Reef and it was
beautiful.I can't believe how clear the water is. I could
have stayed in the water forever. When we got back to the
island we noticed there were roosters and Iguana's roaming all
over the town. I thought it was funny.
I don't really have much to say about Cozumel. It was Mexico!!
It rained for half the day while we were driving our Dune Buggy's.
We saw some Crocodiles (nobody knows how they got there)
and some ruins. We got some souvenir's and then had some drinks.
We had such a good time and we wouldn't have been able to go
without our good friends and family watching our kids. (Ryan,
Sorry about Meg pucking all over your car.)
It was time needed and time well spent.
Thanks honey for spending every minute with me.
I love you more everyday.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Looks like you had fun. I am super jealous- I think I need a vacation now!

Brad and Kaci said...

Looks like sooooo much fun! So nice to get away for a minute i'm sure! Glad you had a good time. You deserve it!

Em&Em said...

How fun is that!!! I am glad you guys had a good time. I am happy I ran upon your blog. Your family is so cute.

Sandy said...

What a fun vacation! And nothing beats a good grilled cheese sandwich! I'm joking... about anything beats that! :) I'm glad you had fun!

Karen said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I am sooo jealous. I am glad that you found my blog. I still don't know quite what I am doing.:)

Sum & Ben said...

I suck at leaving comments. I'm glad your back and you had fun.

Lindsey and Tommy said...

So So Fun!! Glad your back... now let's hang out!!! :)

Anonymous said...

James and I went last February. We weren't very impressed with the food either. Did you do Carnival? I love your pictures!

Callie said...

I'm glad you had a good time! Your pictures are way cute! I could've sworn I left a comment already but it but has been the other post. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ya! I left as soon as I found out they were idiots :)

Anonymous said...

Robin,
Of course I remember you. I am so glad you found my blog and commented. It looks like you have a great family and are having a great time. Your cruise looked like a great time. I'm still waiting the day we go on a cruise. I am so glad to be in touch with you. I'll add you to my list.

Emily said...

I'm so glad you got your big vaca Rob... Derrick spoils you! Next year let's do a 'Sandals' trip together!