Sunday, February 28, 2010

Flaming Gorge- October 2009

Such a great camping trip. It seems like everyone gets so busy and caught up in their lives that we forget to get spend some time together as a family. I had been trying to arrange this trip all summer and we finally made it. It was kinda a disaster getting there after dark and determined to set up camp. And such luck, we failed. We all ended up staying in the Grandparents motor home for the night. It was a little tight and I ended up on the floor.
Cage is getting so big and is such a great rider. He had been riding everyday all weekend and if he wasn't riding his own bike he was begging to be on the front of Ryan's. (Totally scares me watching him bounce around) He also loved to shoot his gun when we were hanging around camp. We set up cans and he didn't miss a single shot. He was so patient and focused that some time's it would take him 2 minutes to shoot. I'm so proud of him and how he is growing up to be such a well rounded little man.
Sissy had a ball following Cage around and riding her 4-wheeler. I think that thing has almost reached it's limit.
Every day, every time we went for a ride she would fall asleep. Her little head banging on the gas tank and she still slept. Megan wants to do everything Cage can do and doesn't realize she is 5 years younger.
The Flaming Gorge trips have always been my favorite. Beautiful scenes and a challenging ride. I think every time we go we don't seem to remember how difficult it really is. Ryan decided to take the dirt bike and he was challenged. I couldn't believe how he managed to get through some of the stuff we did. He even had Cage on the front of his bike, but this is Ryan we're talking about and he seems to get through anything.
Grandpa, Jen, and Megan were going over a wooden bridge and the bridge broke. The Razor's back wheel went down and almost tipped. I thought I was going to have a heart attack thinking Megan was going to crash into the water as we were rushing to get her out. Of course she was asleep so waking up to that was a bit scary for her. Luckily, nobody was hurt and we managed to save the Razor.
Looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Callie said...

That makes me really excited for summer! I'm sick of the cold weather! Cute pictures, your doing so good at posting lately, keep it up and maybe you can get into 2010, haha!